||[Dec. 29th, 2005|11:37 am]
The Yazawa School for the Arts, a parakiss club
sorry for not posting to the main board! i guess no one's read my desperate plea for a new moderator? it goes something like this.
HELP I AM IN COLLEGE AND CAN'T KEEP THIS COMMUNITY UP DURING THE YEAR BECAUSE I AM ON ACADEMIC PROBATION AND MY GRADES SUCK WILL SOMEONE WITH A KIND HEART PLEASE APPLY TO BE THE NEW MOD. ::cries::
i'll most likely stay on as co-mod to help, but i'm really, really sorry that i can't devote my full time and effort to this community. i love it to bits, but it needs a mod that'll keep it alive and going continuously throughout the year. as such i must cede my sovereign rule to a more responsible person.
i'm looking for a nice, friendly, helpful-- but stern-- person who can:
- keep track of players, characters, and yaza arts events
- remain consistent in organizing things (like application posts in the memories section)
- gently remind players and characters of certain things (like stay in character-- or out of character-- in the right community
- choose competent players, or at least warn, then boot, the inactive ones
- set up things like a message board/mailing list for the players and a website for the community (or at least delegate the work to someone who can)
- figure out how to handle the whole situation with classes (people's class schedules and whatnot)
- organize events through AIM (like the orientation? that was an event. others might include ski or beach trips, special guest lectures, etc.)
- basically, run the damn place like one would run a (virtual) school
and i'd prefer someone whose academic and social performance in the real world won't suffer as a result of being mod. in other words, you cannot become a hermit to maintain this community. it's just a bad idea.
that's about it. if you'd like to be the new mod (hell, if you guys can join forces without squabbling, even better), please e-mail me at s e n k o u . h a n a b i (no spaces) at gmail.
the application is simple. all i need is:
- your name, e-mail, and a link to your blog (so i know you're not some random scary dude)
- some description of your experience with RPGs (experience not required but preferred), and
- why you want to be mod for this community. obviously, do not apply if you don't love parakiss.
you have until wednesday, january 4 to e-mail it to me, or else i can't guarantee i can help you out with stuff in time.
NOTE: if you post your application on this board instead of e-mailing it to me, i may still read it, but will definitely think that you're probably too dumb to moderate anything. especially now that i've added this big bold NOTE. anyway, i need it e-mailed to me for privacy purposes.
sound like too much for you? well, i need help, and soon, and i have one more week until i have to go back to school, so i can teach you what you need to know if you're lacking in something but have the time, dedication, and learning ability to do this. multiple people may co-mod, but i'll make sure you're comfortable with it first.
the perks? umm... the joy of being a very social god in a living, breathing virtual world?
...that and as many gmail accounts as you'll ever need or want.
so yeah. good luck! this extremely complicated classified ad was probably why i was hesitant to look for a new mod. but ;_;